Sunday, April 24, 2011

Exploring The World

One of my main goals in life is to travel all over the world. Europe, in particular, is a place I admire. England, France, Italy, Spain - all so beautiful and full of culture and history. Pictured below is the day I spent in Versailles, France on a bike tour. It was the first time I had learned about Marie Antoinette and the French Revolution. I was absolutely fascinated! To be in the location these events took place as I learned about them was somewhat magical. It was honestly one of the greatest days of my life. Since then I have been particularly interested to learn more about European history. I just so happen to be taking a world history class next year in grade 12 - so that's a start. But someday, and I promise you, I will go straight to the source as I did that day in Versailles, and truly learn and immerse myself with the histories of Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment