Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Guilty Pleasure: The Rachel Zoe Project

As most of you probably know I love fashion, so it should come as a surprise when I say that I love the show The Rachel Zoe Project. For those of you who don't know, Rachel Zoe is one of the most famous fashion stylists in North America, and possibly in the world. She styles various celebrities, including Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Garner, and Anne Hathaway. Her show has aired 2 seasons so far and the third season is beginning this August. I love the show so much, it's bananas! haha.

I aspire to be as successful as she is when I am older. The fashion industry is so cut-throat and competitive that I really admire her for making a name for herself and taking the industry by storm. I find it really interesting to watch what goes into styling outfits for a shoot or an event. Rachel is so educated in fashion, it is really cool listening to what she says when she describes an item, she can go into great detail on the silhouette, colour, etc. The best part of the show is definitely looking at the clothes, shoes, and accessories. Everything is to die for! :)

The show gives you a great look at the fashion world and has drama that can keep anyone interested. For example, I just watched an episode were a flood ruined the part of the studio filled with couture dresses! I am not the biggest fan of reality TV, unless it involves fashion. And since this is a reality show, I consider it my guilty pleasure. :)


I first heard about the show by watching a parody of her on Youtube by Amy Phillips. The parody is really funny and you can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment