Wednesday, April 7, 2010

On My Book Shelf

One of my favourite hobbies is to read so I thought I'd share some of favourite books! :)
You may have noticed that all of these books (except for Miles To Go) have been turned into movies. I really suggest you read the books before you watch the movies. If you have already watched the movies, read the book anyways!



Click read more to continue reading.


First off is The Last Song by Nicolas Sparks. I already posted about the movie so I don't think I need to say much, but I will anyways. The story follows Ronnie, a rebellious girl who is sent with her brother to live with her dad in a small town for the summer. She then meets a boy named Will and they fall in love. Plus there's a twist in the story! I love this book because it's a great love story and a great family story. Like all Nicolas Sparks books it is really sad, just a little warning. ;)

Next is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. This book is amazing! It may be the saddest book I've read though. It is about a girl (Anna) who was born as a genetic match to her older sister (Kate) who has leukemia. She was born to be a specific match to her sister so she can be a donor. Originally she was just to donate stuff from the umbilical cord but over the years it increased to blood and bone marrow. It becomes the last straw when she is expected to donate a kidney. At 11 years old she hires a lawyer to sue her parents for medical emancipation. I strongly recommend you read the book before you see the movie.

Dear John is another book by Nicolas Sparks. It resembles the last song because they are both young love (all though these characters are early twenties), and they both have a strong story on family, but their main stories are quite different. This book is about John, a soldier on leave, who meets a sweet girl named Savannah. They fall in love but face troubles once he is sent back to war. To stay in touch, they write letters. Once again, VERY SAD! Lol I love the tearjerkers.

Even if you aren't a Miley Cyrus fan I recommend you check out Miles To Go. This book is Miley Cyrus' autobiography and all though biographies sound boring, this one is written like its a story, mainly because her life is very surreal. There is a lot of great advice hidden throughout the book and it gives you a whole new perspective on life. Believe me, you will be a Miley fan after reading this. Definitely recommended for teen girls.

And last but obviously not least is The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer! I read the books 2 years ago an I was crazy obsessed, luckily for my friends the obsession has simmered, because it was really annoying (apparently). I don't really think I have to tell you what's it about, but just for those who live under a rock ... a girl falls in love with a vampire, BAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment